Whether you are designing an invitation for a wedding, a corporate event or a birthday, choosing the perfect font for the occasion is very important. Believe it or not, the font you choose has the power to change the way your viewer feels. To evoke a feeling of elegance, choose a script font or to display professionalism, a clean sans-serif font might be a better approach.
Tips for choosing a great font for invitations:
- Assess the occasion – is it formal, relaxed or corporate? Choose a font to reflect this.
- If it is a corporate event, does your client have branding in place already? If so, make sure the invitation fits with its style of consistency.
- Invitations are quite personal – what does your client like? Reflecting their personality in the design can be the key to creating a great invitation they love, and lead the great ‘client sign off’ quicker.
Below are 30 great fonts we have found around the internet to help you with your next invitation project.
1. Aerolite | Free
2. Castro Script | Free for personal use
3. Janda Elegant Handwriting | Free for personal use
4. Grand Hotel | Free
5. Cursif | Free
6. Clipper Script | Free for personal use
7. Jane Austen | Free for personal use
8. Lavanderia | Free for personal use
9. Learning Curve | Free
10. Lobster Two | Free
11. Cheddar Jack | Free for Personal Use
12. Little Days | Free
13. Masterics | Free for personal use
14. Parisienne | Free
15. Sofia | Free
16. Wisdom Script | Free for personal use
17. Nexa | Free Demo
18. Prime | Free
19. Signika Sans Serif | Free
20. Casper | Free
21. Sreda Slab Serif | Free
22. KanKin | Free
23. Myra | Free
24. Barkentina Display | Free
25. Quattrocento | Free
26. Arvo | Free
27. Kelson | Free
28. Valentina | Free
29. Lovelo | Free
30. Hagin | Free